Monday, October 3, 2011

Out of exhaustion I create has
Out of tears I create tea
Out of fatigue I create fate
Out of insomnia I create as
Out of disability I create lit
Out of excruciating I create tin
Out of pain I create pan
Out of insanity I create sanity

I shuffle it all around

fate has sanity lit
tin pan has tea

as

i play life
sipping warm chai
warming spices in my grandmother's old tin pan
watching fate
play cards with me

winter comes from around the corner
the snow is only weeks away
the neighbor knocks covered in white flakes
Chai fills our nostrils with desire
And sanity is as simple as warm socks and a woolen scarf

Into the night we roam
Hand in hand
Into the unknown of a friendship we now know is ours

Into the winter
Our hands wrapped in gloves and in each other
The smell of our spiced breath frosting in the air

Our lips cold and warm

We make our destiny
We choose what to take
And what to leave behind

For now we have chosen each other.
We walk into winter together.

No comments:

Post a Comment