Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Tulip bulbs in my garden!!!!








It is way past my bed-time. I promised myself that I would be in bed with the lights out no later then 12:00. I have gotten carried away.

I have to share today cuz today was a beautiful day. It was even a wonderful day. Today I sat on the cool scented earth with my bare legs folded and flat beneath me. I dug into mother earth with my little spade, caring about the earthworms that wiggled their way, fighting with rocks and roots and finally tunneling a hole deep enough for my treasured daffodil and tulip bulbs. Oh, and i dreamt of all the colors that would come to fill my senses in the Spring that would surely come. And I dreamt of my mother's appreciation when she saw the tulips blossom from her bed-room window. And from her kitchen window. Beauty, beauty, beauty surrounded and protected my mind and I swear that I did not feel a sensation that I could name pain. No, even with all the tugging and the bending and the earth/legs/squat my body was able and eager.

Oh, I say a prayer there, my legs deep in earth, I say a prayer of gratitude for the day, for the Lyrica and the Cymbalta and the earth and for my love of gardens and for the gardens of my love.

The gardens of my love are tucked away, tucked away to survive the cold of our winters, tucked away and hopefully safe from squirrels. Until spring, until spring tickles them and teases them and finally convinces them that it is time for them to share their glory with the world.

Oh, wonder of wonder, Oh, miracle of miracles, Thank you for keeping my heart healthy with love, thank you for giving my body the ability to partake, to help create this miracle, this blessing come true.

Amen.

And Goodnight, way past my bed-time.

No comments:

Post a Comment