Saturday, May 7, 2016

Maybe my mistake was in actually thinking that ACOG was part of the solution. Believing that if they only knew the truth they would change things.

Maybe what I should have seen is that ACOG is the problem and maybe what I am beginning to accept is that knocking on their door is like knocking on the devil's door asking for some compassion. Why on earth would the devil give you compassion and healing when he makes money from your suffering. He wouldn't.

Naivete goodbye.

Our medical system is so corrupt and I am only beginning to awaken.

Good morning Vegan Sisters.

“It is simply no longer possible to believe much of the clinical research that is published, or to rely on the judgment of trusted physicians or authoritative medical guidelines. I take no pleasure in this conclusion, which I reached slowly and reluctantly over my two decades as an editor of The New England Journal of Medicine.”

-Marcia Angell


On another note though it is the very same note indeed. I continue to get resistance. Even here in so called opened minded provincetown. Matt from the library told me that people came to complain to him about my performing  my mesh poem. Was the word 'Vagina' just too much for our open-minded and progressive Provincetown audience? Mind you an audience that consisted of local writers and poets?

It seems that whatever I do is not right and that wherever I turn people are trying to silence me.

I have never called myself or considered myself to be radical in any shape or form. The concept that it is radical to be compassionate and to speak up for those that are suffering be it humans or animals.....is an insult to my basic intelligence.

-Atara Schimmel










1 comment:

  1. ACOG ignores you because they can. When it becomes uncomfortable for them to ignore you, perhaps they will do something. I bet if you could get 300 patients, their family members, and their providers in your state senator's office with a camera crew, they might sit up and listen.

    Unfortunately, yes, our medical system is corrupt and has been for a very long time. Not to bash the doctors, but it's their profession, they should do more to change things when they know that what is happening is wrong. And the insurance companies are no better, they're making money off of people who are ill. Case in point, the only medication that helps my chronic pain jumped in price from $60 last year to $120 this year--someone's making a bundle! I filed a complaint but my insurance company doesn't care that my med costs doubled. They were very unsympathetic.

    Regarding your Provincetown experience, would they have silenced you if you used the word penis? Somehow I think not. . . maybe Provincetown isn't as open minded as they would have you believe.

    ReplyDelete