Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Holding Your Hand; please don't leave me






art therapy workshop, 2011


Feeling a lot of pain and utter exhaustion, trying to hold the strands together. I just came back from the second 'Art Therapy' meeting. It was good. The three of us work nicely together with a lot of compassion and empathy. I am so sad. My father's condition breaks my heart over and over again and I feel so depleted, almost paralyzed. Today in the group I worked on cutting and pasting a drawing. My father and myself are holding hands, I am encouraging him to walk with me into the tulip garden. My father. Abba, I will always be your little girl. I feel this physical longing for him, as though a part of me has been pulled out of my body, and without this part I find it very hard to get out of bed.
I am sorry Abba that this happened to you. I am sorry. I will visit you tomorrow and hold your hand like in the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment