Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Today we filmed Raquel. It was a very good interview. Jim says that he wants to film a few more people and then he thinks that we should put the documentary together and send it out to the world. So, I have to be precise about who I interview and what message I want to get across. I also will begin taking classes at New TV and may buy myself a camera so that I can start filming on my own. I have a lot to learn and I can't be dependent on other camera-men forever, not if I plan on creating documentaries long-term. And that I do. Chronic documentaries may be my new condition. And it doesn't hurt!!! Amazing!

Tomorrow we will have the second part of the Art Therapy Workshop. I am sure that it will be good. And tomorrow I begin a new round of physical therapy. New hands up my vagina. Yahoo!

I would like to interview Dr. Volovska about PN and I would like to interview Dr. Jameson. I will go in tomorrow to set appointments with them. I doubt that Dr. Volovska will be able to. But maybe Dr. Jameson will. I would love to have him in the documentary. His thoughtfulness and insight would add another level to it.

I could go on forever, interviewing women. Knowing that Jim wants us to start editing and to add only a few more interviews is good in a way. It forces me to focus, one thing at a time, instead of thinking in series and projects that twine into other projects. It is good. It is a challenge. I have a lot to learn and I believe that our work will leave an impact.

I have my period. I am okay today. Hard times in every day. But doing okay. It is exciting to think about piecing something together and letting it free. I started working a year ago with Jeremy. Then for a long time I had no idea how to continue. Life was such a struggle to survive, I did not know where or what I was moving towards. Today things are much clearer, still hard, still frightening at times, but I can see the next step more clearly. That is good.

Thank you Jim for working with me on this! We have been moving along quickly. In two weeks we will interview Pat. And then we shall see....

Love,
Atara

No comments:

Post a Comment