Sunday, June 30, 2013





Part of what kept me alive

was wanting to make sure that my parents knew that i loved them and that this was not their fault
i did not want them to feel guilty

i wanted to show them that there still was a reason to live even if i was sick

that life was not going to end here

i wanted to bring them life back

the only way i could do that was by staying alive

no matter how much i had to endure i had to stay alive for them

until one day i had had enough and i felt that it was time for mercy

mercy from them, from God, from life, from my body, from myself

i was no longer going too suffer for anybody

my suffering was not going to be a sacrifice

i was ready to die

i did not care anymore if god would punish me or not

i felt ready to leave my parents, i felt that i had done the best that i could and that i had reached my level of endurance

my father was lying depressed and forsaken in his bed

my mother was downstairs completing her work, making assignments

she had distanced herself from me, for a few months she was cold and distant and showed me little love

my little brother was in england, writing e-mails from afar about the doctors i should see

my older brother, i no longer felt a responsibility towards him

i had my own will to live burnt out of me

what was left was hope and i had lost it

the love i had for my parents and brothers

my friends, i knew that they would lead meaningful lives without me

some people have to die by their own hands

it does not make sense, it is cruel, it had been going on for two years already

pain that eradicated whatever semblance of identity and meaning i had created and lived in my life


It started changing after my suicide attempt.

2 comments:

  1. i tried too. i did not learn that i had pn till 8 months later. now i understand why i tried. i am afraid to tell my parents. they blame me for ending up this way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't try but I thought about it all of the time. In fact I used the thought of it to comfort me at night while I laid there in pain. I feel so badly for you. I just want you to know that I had this pain for two and a half years and right now it is 95% gone. I have no idea how I survived. I know what I tried and what I think helped. Please please reach out to me in email because I would like to share and help others. I obsessively read blogs to find answers and am grateful for the few who posted things that ended up helping me. I want to pay that back. No one can understand how bad this pain is until they feel it. It is a miracle we are alive.

    ReplyDelete