Sunday, September 25, 2011

My body is my ship-wreck. I have yet many jewels and treasures to discover.

My body is my temple.
And my prayer-book.

It is my compass and my map.

My body is my beloved.
And my beloved is mine.

Yes, I know.
Yes, I hear.
Yes, I vow.

I vow to help you heal.
I vow to accept you as you are.
I vow to learn from you.
And to teach from you.

My body is your body.
Your body is mine.

My body is me.
My soul is pure.
My body is wounded.
My soul will guide you.
My body is aching.
My spirit will comfort you.

My ship-wreck is mine. The treasures that lay underneath it are beautiful. The collections that traveled with me into and from distant countries. The wildest storms came and tore me apart. Here I sunk. In the middle of the ocean, deep down to the dark my splintered self fell to the ocean floor.

What I have found here on the ocean floor are the secrets that I carried and collected with me everywhere. I dig and search beneath the planks, the flanks.

And what I find are the secrets, the collections that I carried with me everywhere.

And now it is time to share. To share with the life that has sunk to the ocean floor. Slowly I move between ship-wrecks. Tragedies of similar storms, different times, same place.

I visit the ship-wrecks and share my jewels.

There is a whole life here on the ocean floor.

It clamors and calls and I can hear it all so clearly. I know the cries so well for I cried and called them all before.

Oh, the ocean floor has become my new home. I walk through the underground ghost-town and i wonder how long has the ocean floor been crying for?

1 comment:

  1. I'm in a constant state of sinking and swimming. Often times I see people on dry land and I envy them. But there is beauty here, too. Thank you for expressing this. -Sonia

    ReplyDelete