Tuesday, January 10, 2012

A Very Sad Day

The morning started with tears.
I watch my father fall.
Every day he falls further.
Though I do not know where we have left to fall to.
He continues to fall.
I watch.
My favorite man.
My pride. My faith. Everything I am.
Falls.

The tears are on the T.
And in the streets.
The tears are tears.
They cannot save my father.
I was my father's girl.
My father's pride.
My father's crown.

Even my name. He crowned himself with my name.
'Bamelech Shlomo Sheitra Lo Atara'
King Solomon Who Crowned ...

We have fallen.
Father.
All around us there is devastation and loss.
Your eyes no longer shine.
Your smile is so rare and fleeting.

How much we have lost in such a short time.
I was never prepared to lose you.
You were an always. A given.

Now, we sit, my head on your chest, two empty vessels.
What can I offer you when your suffering leaves me hollow and lost.

Tears. Tears. Tears.
This is not the world that you prepared me for.

This is not the world that you named me for.

Abba, what world is this? Where we both lay so shattered, battered and aching to leave...

No comments:

Post a Comment